You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the 'Newsletter Subscriptions' tab when logged in to your customer account. If you do not have an account with us, you can unsubscribe by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of the newsletter.
The Best Mattress for Allergies
A hypoallergenic mattress is designed to prevent allergic reactions. Most hospitals and medical care facilities use mattresses that are wrapped in plastic or vinyl to ensure patients stay healthy. The mattress is tightly sealed to prevent dead skin cells and body oils from permeating into the material to prevent dust mites from infesting the mattress. Dust mites and other microscopic organisms cause allergic reactions, so it is important that a mattress is made of materials that will not aggravate allergies. A mattress can be wrapped with a mattress wrap or plastic. Another alternative is to purchase a mattress that is made of hypoallergenic materials so as not to induce allergies.
People who suffer from allergies should refrain from sleeping on mattresses made of animal products such as hair, wool, or feathers. Animal-based materials can cause flare-ups for allergy sufferers. Most hypoallergenic beds are made with natural materials such as cotton or filled with artificial materials such as polymers which resist allergy-causing organisms.
Tips for Allergy Sufferers
- Refrain from buying mattresses made of animal products
- Regularly wash bedding. Learn more about cleaning your mattress
- Invest in a high quality hypoallergenic mattress
- Make sure all bedding and pillows are made of hypoallergenic materials
- Visit a healthcare professional to make sure that your symptoms are not a part of a bigger problem